Registration/Policies Information 2015-2016
The 2015 fall classes will begin on September 8th. All of students must be formally registered prior to attending any classes at the NJ Ballet Arts Center. When registering in any of the school’s programs, parents/guardians should understand that it is for the full session (Sept-June). Formal registration includes: completion of Registration/Media Release/Medical Release Form, and appropriate payment of tuition.
Tuition is not refundable, cannot be transferred, prorated or deducted. However, make up classes are available for injuries or illness. Make-ups must be pre-arranged with the director of the school. Tuition is designed to be reasonable and comparable to other dance programs. When registering in any of the NJBAC’s programs, parents/guardian should understand that is for the full session (10 months, Sept-June). Tuition is not refundable. NJBAC accepts payments in auto-debit once a month, or cash/check, or credit card for the full annual tuition. A $35.00 fee will be charged for returned checks. There will be an annual registration fee of $35.00 for each student due at the time of the registration. Trial classes $10.00 *
Tuition Payment Plan 2015-2016
- Tuition Payment Plan # 1: Full payment-one payment at the time of the registration/ tuition plus registration fee and get a 10% discount.
- Tuition Payment Plan #2: Biannual Payments and get a 5% discount: First payment due at the time of the registration and Second payment due February 1st 2016.
- Tuition Payment Plan #3: Monthly Payments: First payment due at the time of the registration; Example September/October tuitions plus registration fee (only for students that takes one class per week). Please note that the number of classes in each month will vary. If you choose to split your tuition into monthly payments, the tuition will be the same each month regardless of the number of classes in that month.
- ALL credit card will be charged $2.00 in each transaction.
** Very Important: Tuition received after the due day will be assessed a late fee of $30.00 for Payment plan #2 and $10.00 for Payment plan #3. Please note that students with delinquent accounts will not be admitted to class and will be asked to sit out until their account is current.
Please understand that NJBAC takes the financial responsibility of a family’s tuition and performance fees very seriously. Student will not be allowed to participate either in class or in performances if tuition and/or performance fees are not paid in –full. Students no longer wishing to take class MUST cancel one month in advance. If not, tuition will be charged for that month. If student stops coming to classes and decide to return, there is an additional Re-registration Fee of $35.00.
- Creative Movement: Pink leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers
- Pre-Ballet I: Light Pink Leotard/ Sansha Y3554C, pink convertible tights and pink ballet slippers
- Pre-Ballet II: Light Blue Leotard/ Sansha Y3554C, pink convertible tights and pink ballet slippers
- Ballet Level 1A: Black leotard /Sansha EF9255C, pink convertible tights and pink ballet slippers
- Ballet Level 1B: Light Blue Leotard/Sansha EF9255C, pink convertible tights and pink ballet slippers
- Ballet IIA & B: Royal Blue Leotard/ Sansha Y1555C, pink convertible tights and pink ballet slippers
- Jazz: Black leotard, black jazz pants or shorts (please wear pink tights if you will wear shorts) black jazz shoes/model JS37L
- Tap: Black leotard, pink tights, black shorts or pants & tap shoes/ TA24L, TA24MF
- Contemporary Dance: Black leotard, pink convertible tights or black footless tights, bare feet
- Hip-Hop: Comfortable pants and t-shirt /indoors dance sneakers
- Hair: Must be pulled back away from face and secured neatly
- Jewelry must not be worn in class; students are not permitted to wear hanging earrings
- Elite Group will receive a free uniform at the beginning of each year. _
• All of students have to be dressed properly and clean for classes all at time
• Students who arrive 15 minutes late may observe the class but not participate
• Cell phones are not allowed in class
• Foods are not permitted inside of the studios. Water bottles are allowed
• No chewing gum
• Family and friend in the waiting room should be quiet and keep this area neat at all time.
Family Rates Discount:
Family rates are available to families with more than one child enrolled in classes. The Student enroll in more numerous of classes will pay full tuition. Each additional child will receive a 5% percent discount on tuition.
Students are expected to attend all classes they have registered for. In the event that students must miss class, please notify us by phone or email. Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes. However, we welcome students to attend another class as a makeup. Classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be reschedule or cancelled.
Parent Observation/Viewing Weeks
Parents are not allowed to observe dance classes from the waiting room due to distraction. However, parents are invited to watch their child’s class during Viewing Weeks for parents and family members to observe their child’s classes; see the NJBAC Calendar for dates. Classes will run as usual without any formal performance. Arrangements may be made through the director to observe classes at times other than regularly scheduled Viewing Weeks, when possible.
Students in Pre-Ballet through Advance program perform in the NJBAC’s annual Dance Recital and Christmas Show. Additional performance opportunities will be available to Elite Group. All recital participants of NJBAC pay a performance fee of $130 for Spring Show. The performance fee helps offset the cost of putting on a production which includes extra rehearsal time outside of class, theater rental, wardrobe person on site during the shows, programs, lighting and sound manager, etc. Note the costumes fee is a separate payment from the performance fee. Participation in the school’s performances is encourage but not mandatory. If payment is not paid on the day due, students won’t be part of the school performances.
Costumes: Students participating in the annual recital will require a costume for the performance. A fee of $65 for child size costumes and $78 for extra-large and adult-size costumes is due December 1st. Costume fees are non-refundable. (Separate fees apply for Company costumes.)
$130.00 Spring Show DUE February 1st, 2016. (non-refundable). Late fee $25.00 NOT EXCEPTIONS